Position: Hospital Screener
Location: St. Johns Macomb
Full Time and Part Time Shifts Available
Hospital Screener Position Summary
In order to comply with COVID-19 screening guidelines, the Hospital Screener will screen patients, visitors, and/or employees as required.
Hospital Screener Duties and Responsibilities
Greet and welcome patients, family members, visitors, vendors, other guests, and employees in a professional manner
- Conduct COVID-19 symptom screening according to the hospital’s guidelines
- Check temperatures with thermometers and document each temperature reading on a tracking log
- Follow all required policies to avoid the transmission of illness by correctly wearing proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including masks and gloves
- Assist with the check-in process as required
- Perform lobby rounding as required to ensure patients are kept aware of wait time expectations
- Assist in resolving real-time patient concerns according to the hospital’s protocol
- Alert nursing staff immediately to any signs of patient distress or equipment malfunction
- Remove visible hazards and/or broken equipment from immediate environment and report problem to hospital staff as appropriate
- Adhere to confidentiality and patients’ rights policy as outlined in the healthcare facility’s HIPAA policies and procedures
- Work independently and as part of the team
- Attend required Premier and healthcare facility training and orientation programs
- Perform other duties as assigned by Premier Parking supervisory team
Essential Functions and Physical Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily, with or without reasonable accommodations. Reasonable accommodations may be approved by the Human Resources department to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Incumbent must be able to:
- Wear all required personal protective equipment (e.g. face mask, goggles, latex/non-latex gloves, etc.) for up to eight (8) hours throughout the shift
- Stand for up to six (6) consecutive hours
- Communicate effectively in written and spoken English with team members and customers
- Incumbent must be free of any contagious illness and must comply with health screening requirements of the healthcare client
Skills and Abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills; frequently communicate with team members and customers; must be able to exchange accurate information.
- Ability to work effectively within role independently and with other team members.
- Ability to organize and complete work in a timely manner.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends
- Follow appropriate grooming standards; required to wear a uniform at times
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, stand, and handle or feel. The employee is frequently required to reach and may be frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to walk and stoop, kneel, and crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The employee may be required to remain in a stationary position for extended period.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In 2001, Premier Parking was founded with one surface parking lot in downtown Nashville out of a need for a higher level of parking management services available to clients living and working in the Central Business District. With a vision to improve the current state of parking services in Nashville, Premier has evolved into one of the most widely recognized parking management providers. Led by CEO Ryan Hunt, Premier Parking is focused on expanding our business across the nation, making our mark in the industry by increasing the service levels and standards in parking management.
From conception, the company has been centered around a commitment to raising the bar on all aspects of parking. Built upon an understanding of a property owner and manager’s diverse parking needs, the parking experts at Premier offer complete parking management solutions to cover all aspects of parking management. From better customer service to improved parking facility revenues, Premier Parking meets all the needs of our customers through development of specific parking programs tailored to each individual facility. We strongly believe that the correct implementation of technology and talent can boost owners’ revenues and ensure customer satisfaction at any parking facility we operate.
Our company’s success is attributable to a strong parking management background, a foundation of excellence supported by exceptional levels of customer service, and a focus on providing superior parking management resources for stakeholders and property managers.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)