Position: Area Director
Location: Nashville, TN
Area Director Position Summary
The Area Director is a managerial position that supports and oversees the operations in an assigned territory. The Area Director ensures that all elements of the operation, including team member performance, customer service, financials, maintenance, and safety, meet Premier standards. In addition, the Area Director is responsible for maintaining client relationships and continuing business development in the assigned territory.
Area Director Duties and Responsibilities
- Hire, train, manage, and provide leadership for a team of Operations Managers and Operations Supervisors
- Create, implement, and manage forecasting, planning, and budgeting process for assigned portfolio
- Control spending and keep expenses within approved budget
- Maintain maintenance control documents while meeting maintenance goals
- Ensure work environments are safe for team members and customers; promote safe work practices by conducting safety audits and coaching individual staff members
- Work closely with Operations Managers and clients to define performance measurements and execution
- Ensure all client operational documentation is compete and recorded for client and Premier records
- Ensure Premier’s standards of Customer Service are met by all team members in assigned territory
- Communicate and explain new directives, policies, or procedures to managers
- Perform specific operational responsibilities as required based on the needs of locations in the assigned territory
- Project a positive image of the organization to employees, customers, industry, and community
- Conduct performance evaluations that are timely and constructive
- Develop and market new business within territory, including valet parking, self-park, healthcare support services, and other support services
- Assist with the development and facilitation of the proposal process for existing and prospective clients for project development, proposal writing, contract negotiations, and client presentations
- Perform other duties as assigned
Area Director Essential Functions
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily, with or without reasonable accommodations. Reasonable accommodations may be approved by the Human Resources department to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Incumbent must be able to:
- Stand for up to six (6) consecutive hours.
- Work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Communicate effectively in written and spoken English with team members and customers.
- Express ideas by means of the spoken word in order to convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Perceive the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction and receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
- If portfolio includes valet locations, incumbent must be able to drive both automatic and manual transmission vehicles of all types and sizes.
- If portfolio includes shuttle locations, incumbent must be able to drive all shuttle vehicles used at the location.
Area Director Position Qualifications
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to plan and manage time for multiple tasks to meet established deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills; frequently communicate with team members and customers; must be able to exchange accurate information
- Able to detect safety concerns and adjust accordingly
- Must be able to communicate effectively in both written and verbal form
- Must maintain confidentiality of all work-related information
- Ability to work in a diverse environment and be sensitive to issues of diversity and inclusion
- Good work habits and willingness to work extended hours if requested to complete a job when required to meet deadlines
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- At least five (5) years of related business experience in multi-site operations management strongly preferred
- Experience in developing a request for proposal (RFP) strongly desired
- Intermediate or better proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) required
Certificates and Licenses
- A clean driving record and current driver license must be maintained
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must be able to work a flexible 40-hour week, including nights and weekends when necessary
- Required to travel to and from local assigned client sites
- Follow appropriate grooming standards
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, stand, and handle or feel. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and may be frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to walk and stoop, kneel, and crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The employee may be required to remain in a stationary position for extended period.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In 2001, Premier Parking was founded with one surface parking lot in downtown Nashville out of a need for a higher level of parking management services available to clients living and working in the Central Business District. With a vision to improve the current state of parking services in Nashville, Premier has evolved into one of the most widely recognized parking management providers. Led by CEO Ryan Hunt, Premier Parking is focused on expanding our business across the nation, making our mark in the industry by increasing the service levels and standards in parking management.
From conception, the company has been centered around a commitment to raising the bar on all aspects of parking. Built upon an understanding of a property owner and manager’s diverse parking needs, the parking experts at Premier offer complete parking management solutions to cover all aspects of parking management. From better customer service to improved parking facility revenues, Premier Parking meets all the needs of our customers through development of specific parking programs tailored to each individual facility. We strongly believe that the correct implementation of technology and talent can boost owners’ revenues and ensure customer satisfaction at any parking facility we operate.
Our company’s success is attributable to a strong parking management background, a foundation of excellence supported by exceptional levels of customer service, and a focus on providing superior parking management resources for stakeholders and property managers.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)